HFNC advocates for the needs and interests of people affected by bleeding disorders. We partner with several organizations to ensure that all patients can benefit from access to treatment and care, blood safety, and more. Also, our events and programs help empower individuals and families to become advocates themselves.
We are excited to share our advocacy efforts to declare March as Bleeding Disorders Awareness Month across Northern California! With your help, we hope to raise awareness and money for our bleeding disorders community.
As a community advocate you can make an impact in several ways:
- Local Restaurant Fundraisers: Dine and Dime throughout the month of March.
- Declaration of March as Bleeding Disorders Awareness Month: Light up town hall red! Local governments can declare March “Bleeding Disorders Awareness Month”
- HFNC can provide: proclamation template.
- Your responsibility: conduct research and coordinate with local government officials.
- School “Wear Red” Days
- Your responsibility: provide educational materials to schools and work with school administration
We are also excited to share facts, figures, and resources on the Hemophilia Foundation of Northern California’s social media throughout the month of March. However, the success of our first-ever advocacy effort of this type is largely dependent on you as the community advocates. Here’s what we are asking:
Fill out the form below. Once we receive your response, we will be able to follow up with additional resources. Let's get started in making March as Bleeding Disorders Awareness Month a huge success!